Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve Recap

New Year's Eve was quite fun this year... the night started off with Ron, Cate & Melanie coming over around 6pm. Ron and I had a few beers and played Fallout 3 on the 360 while the girls played a Mad Libs board game. We had reservations at Eddie Papa's at 8:15 so we headed out there... I had a crab and artichoke sandwich, and sipped on a Old Fashioned. As we finished dinner, we asked for the owner to come over (He and I have talked a few times about whiskey, and he even let me try a little Hirsch 28yr once) and recommend a few after dinner drinks. I got a Hot Buttered Rum (made with rum & bourbon) and Ron got a Hot Toddy. I asked about a couple of bottles of Old Portrero from Anchor Brewing I had noticed on the back bar when we walked in (he had mentioned on a previous trip, that he had some special bottles coming in), and he ended up letting us taste them for free! The first was their rye - which was really good, but the second bottle was just called 18th Century Spirit - it was like a whiskey but sweeter, not sugary - but almost like honey. It was yummy - can't wait to try it in a Manhattan...

After dinner we came back to the Apartment - Ron and I opened up a bottle of Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection Rum and enjoyed it with some cigars out on the patio. After finishing we headed back inside and proceeded to sing karaoke for about a half hour which ruled. About 11:50 we flipped on the TV to see Dick Clark sadly mumble and the ball drop.

A very fun night indeed.

Oh yeah - if you read this blog - please check out My Readers section over on the side... please click on the link that says Follow This Blog.

Thanks!

2 comments:

ronald brian gantt said...

like the new look.

sally said...

d'oh...Ron beat me to it. I like the new font at the top. Good find!
Also, sounds like a fun New Years Eve. Oh to be young again. :)