Saturday, November 1, 2008

Politics... I hate 'em

Well another election day is rapidly approaching, and I've had it up to here with the amount of retarded slap fights that seem to be going on with all of the candidates and propositions. Though a few interesting things have popped up lately...

Steve Young, who at the height of his fame was the Mormon Golden boy, has given around $50,000 to the campaign to defeat Prop 8. The funny thing about this is that the Mormon church is one of the top supporters of getting Prop 8 to pass. Mormons have donated close to $9 million dollars, and the churches leaders have sent letters to its members urging them to vote YES on prop 8. Any fall out for Steve Young's "disobedience" has yet to be seen. Though he did gain respect from me. No church should tell you how to vote - it should be a decision between you and God and that's it. I for one will join Steve in voting No on Prop 8, because I don't believe the government should have any control over marriage, gay or straight. In my mind marriage is a spiritual act, and lets face it - the government is NOT who I want dictating my spiritual practices.

In other proposition news:

Prop 1 - Voting YES - I'm down for a high speed rail.
Prop 2 - Voting NO - Chickens can live in cages for all I care.
Prop 3 - Voting YES - Kids need Hospitals too...
Prop 4 - Voting YES - Call me old fashioned, but Parents should know what is going on in their kid's life
Prop 5 - Nevermind - That's all I can write about politics for now...

Just go out and vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think politics would be fine if politicians didn't involved and screw everything up.

Pa