Sunday, March 2, 2008

$200

Well tickets to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (the musicians from Once) went on sale this morning... and by 10:30, when I logged on to buy some, they were completely sold out. Tickets are now going on eBay for $200, nearly a 500% markup. Ouch... guess I'll have to watch the movie until they come around again.

I'm addicited to a poker tournament that I will have a hell of a time ever winning. Its costs $3.30 to play and you get $3000 in chips with levels going up every minutes. 90 players and the top 9 pay. I've made it to 9th before, but thats it. Since the blinds go so quickly a lot of luck plays into it.

I have my review tomorrow - I think it will be pretty good... I'm just starting to wonder what my next step is. The next position at Safeway is Category Manager and would be about a $12,000 raise would be nice, but there is no guarentee that I would stay in the alcohol department, let alone Spirits - which is where I see my career path going. So I need to do a lot of praying and thinking...

I weighed myself again this morning and was down to 311 lbs. That's another 2 lbs down! Going forward Sunday will be in my weigh-in day which will be tough, as the weekends are when its a little more tempting to cheat. Oh well, it will just force me to be good.

3 comments:

Dan said...

If you get down to 190 by April I will give you my tickets.

Kevin said...

121 lbs in 2 months.... consider it done! My new diet will consist of water and cigarettes

Anonymous said...

just cut off your legs!!!!

keep up the good work and please don't let the weight you lose find it's way to manteca.

Pa